Friday, March 21, 2014

Stampendous! and Tombow Blog Hop

Have you been joining us this week for the Stampendous and Tombow Collaboration?  We're at the end of the week and its finally time for our hop!  There will, of course, be prizes! And you will want to be sure to like our pages on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Pinterest, and subscribe to and comment on our blogs. Lots of opportunities to win. Plus, of course, you need to have a US address (sorry!). We’re excited to share.


I received the Grunge set of markers, long with a few others goodies including the blending palette.  I began a background piece by swiping 3 of the colors across the blending palette, spritzing with water, and then stamping that onto my cardstock.


Next I took the same 3 colors and colored them randomly on the background tweed stamp from Mixed Media Dress Form stamp set.  I repeated this process a few times to cover this background piece.


Finally I stamped the dress form in Versamark ink over the Tweed and embossed it with Aged Gold Embossing Enamel.  Then I created her a skirt with some May Arts ribbons.



20 comments:

  1. This is perhaps my favorite card on the hop! Because I love grunge and it looks a bit like mixed media...and I also love the color palette! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty--I like how you created the background.
    Sue in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you added the fabric and did the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers, Chica! I love the ribbon skirt on the dress form! This card is awesome, I love it, you should save it for my birthday! Heehee! Seriously, this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cool artsy background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the grunge look. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the background details. I've never tried a background like that even though I see them so often on blogs I read. I must get out my new Tombow markers and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background and the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your creations
    are so lovely. Love
    the colors.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I love the ribbon idea. The techniques are wonderful. tfs Patricia B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Very creative with a beautiful end result!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your project during the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card - I love the blender palette technique.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome tutorial! love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love the background, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I love the 3-D effect of the dress! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment! Every comment makes me smile :)